Saturday 20 April 2024

Words of wisdom from the rescued dog

Here I wait, guarding all access, you can't leave me behind at bedtime. I watch where you are downstairs, I listen to your voice, your footfalls. You are my world and I will not leave you. 





 When you go in the bathroom I'm on the step, in the potting shed I'm with you, walking down the stairs I'm before you. In the car I will jump in the boot, and listen to the music with you, jump out and come to the shops, sit by your side. If you're sick I watch you, if you laugh I'm with you. When you aren't aware, I'm aware of you. You are my everything. 

While you sleep, I'm at the foot of your bed, while you dream, I'm running by your side, I can hear you while I sleep. If you sleep too deeply, I'll nudge your face with my nose, just to check you haven't left me for another world. I waited for you, I'm here until the day I leave this world. 

When I was beaten, starved and bred to exhaustion, I dreamed of you. When I was chained I saw you in fields of freedom. I knew your smell the second you met me, I will not forsake you. I am your friend, your companion, your protector, I will stand between you and any danger I see, hear or think of. You took me out of hell and held my head until I felt love again. I will never forget you. 

 When we walk together, I check on you, I see you watching me. If you leave me for a moment, I hear you arriving before you are anywhere near. I anticipate your arrival. I'm always happy to see you, even if you're sad. When I've gone from here, I will still watch over you, I will still meet you in your dreams, I will wait for you to come. You are my everything. 


 To every guardian of every loved dog, every rescue dog, every lost and saved dog. You are their everything. 

Thank you x

No comments:

Post a Comment